Sunday 3 April 2016

Bernanke's Chronicles - Simply Hilarious!

Two of my friends and I started reading Ben Bernanke's autobiography, The Courage to Act, at the same time. Once I was done, I distilled my understanding of this succinctly and interesting book in a review the I published in the Business Daily. The reaction from one of the two friends, upon reading my review, was: we're we reading the same people?

I understand the basis of the questing. It is easy to take the Bernanke's memoir as two books in one. One is a very candid account of his personal life - modest upbringing, great academics accomplishments. The other is a compelling career in the academy that grounded his success in policy making.

My review focused in the latter in the context of how it relates to our circumstances.
It is a memoir I recommend to anybody keen on a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment